Wednesday, February 13, 2013

2/13/13

Due to the fact that I initially neglected to attach the reading to last night's blog,tToday's homework, Cornell notes on the XYZ Affair and the 3 questions and answers, will be collected on THURSDAY.

We be began class with a short lecture on the XYZ Affair (PowerPoint slides 22-24) and watched the video that is attached to the presentation.

new republic notes

Next, students participated in a warm-up activity on the Alien and Sedition Acts.  This led into the class activity.

Alien and Sedition Act warm-up

For the class activity, I had students either read the Alien or Sedition Acts.  I highlighted the most important information in each paragraph.

Alien and Sedition Act Reading

Students then summarized each section onto the graphic organizers.  I then had students find a partner who had read the other act, and teach their partner about their act.  They recorded the information onto their organizers and answered the five questions on a sheet of lined paper.

Alien and Sedition Organizer and Questions

Homework is to:

1- Finish the Cornell notes the 3 questions and answers on the XYZ Affair (see Tuesday's blog).

2- Answer the 5 questions on the Alien and Sedition Act using complete sentences on lined paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment