I gave students a few minutes at the beginning of class to organize their binders. We will have a binder quiz on #1-20 tomorrow.
As students worked I checked their homework from last night. We then reviewed the questions on the homework.
I then introduced the lesson objective: Whether or not the treatment of Native American constitutes genocide.
Next, I gave a lecture on Andrew Jackson and his treatment of the Native Americans. Students took notes onto a fill-in-the-blank note sheet.
Andrew Jackson and Natives Notes
Andrew Jackson Note Sheet
I then assigned students readings about cases of indisputable genocide. Students read about one or two of these genocides in groups, recording information onto a graphic organizer.
Genocide Graphic Organizer
Groups were assigned readings as follows:
Group1- Darfur and Rwanda
Group2- Armenian Genocide
Group3- Holocaust and Darfur
Group4- Ukraine
Group5- Rwanda Holocaust
Homework is to finish reading their account(s) of genocide and to record the information onto the graphic organizer. Their reading will vary based upon their group assigned in class. (see blog for readings)
No comments:
Post a Comment